Friday, December 17, 2010

fruit-cake with a side of rat poison

Well, its been a REALLY long time since my last post.... I've just been busy with life, I guess. But this little gem was so good, I absolutely had to share!


One of my receptionists just came to me laughing SO HARD... Here's the conversation she just had:
"Hi I was just making fruitcake, and my dog got into the rat poison. What do I do now?"
"Excuse me? Did you say you were making fruitcake? And the dog got into the rat poison?"
"Yes."
"How long ago did this happen? And how is the dog acting now?"
"Just a few minutes ago. And he's fine. He's just sitting on the couch watching Sesame Street and waiting for the fruitcake to come out of the oven."

Bwahahahaha!!!! She really wanted to ask if the fruitcake was for the evil in-laws, or some other "we don't claim them" relative.... As it turns out, the woman had a mouse problem, put some rat poison in the low cabinet behind the mixing bowls, and since the bowls were out of the way, the dog got into the poison. However, our staff STILL got the memo not to accept any fruitcake brought into the clinic this holiday season! ;)

2 comments:

  1. This is funny! Never eat the gifted fruitcake ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello Dr. Woof Woof--Love that psudeo name! I wondered if you'd consider blogging about the Canine VacciCheck from Biogal. I'd love to see what you think about the new way to test for antibody levels for the three core canine vaccines. Please visit www.facebook.com/vaccicheck or contact me Adie@fetchingcommunications.com.

    ReplyDelete

I would love to hear your comments about my blog :) If you know me and my family in "Real Life," I ask that you refrain from using any of our names! Please be kind and respectful. Thank you.