Wednesday, May 19, 2010

True Colors

I've noticed something. Stress - and stressful situations - bring out a person's true colors. Maybe that color is blue... down in the dumps, constantly complaining, woe-is-me. Maybe that color is red... anger, rage, yelling, cursing. Maybe that color is green... peaceful, easy going in the midst of the storm. Maybe that color is yellow... bringing a little sunshine to those around them despite the chaos. Do you want to know the true character of a person? Observe them in stressful situations. Watch carefully. At first they may be able to disguise their true colors. But when the stress continues... when the stress is long term... when everyone around them is stressed as well? Then. Then their true colors will emerge - and you will know what is at the heart of a person.

2 comments:

  1. And that's why I left my last job. Whatever color selfishness and tempermental is...that was my boss.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Don't know about stress colours, but our summer suddenly started (I'm in the UK) so I'm rather pink now...

    ReplyDelete

I would love to hear your comments about my blog :) If you know me and my family in "Real Life," I ask that you refrain from using any of our names! Please be kind and respectful. Thank you.