Thursday, April 22, 2010

hhhmmm

I suppose lately I've had a run of fairly 'normal' clients & patients... This is strange for me. Even my recent relief shift at the ER Clinic was relatively uneventful.

Today, though, I did meet an interesting patient. A dog named Toby with a painful left front leg. He had a little swelling at the area of the carpus (wrist) - the rest of his physical exam was normal. And he was a sweetie. Kinda nervous, liked hiding under the chair his owner was sitting on, but definitely a sweetie. And he captured a piece of my heart. Why? Because he looks & acts exactly like my own dog. Same type of Heinz-57 mutt. Same big brown eyes. Same nervous & excited tail wag. And same "I'm so excited to be going HOME" hopping-walk as he left the clinic. Its a good thing that I have a full house with three big dogs already... and that Toby has a good home. A great home, actually - with a family that loves him very much. Toby is one lucky dog - and his leg should heal up just fine. Sometimes, its nice to have "normal" patients and clients.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I would love to hear your comments about my blog :) If you know me and my family in "Real Life," I ask that you refrain from using any of our names! Please be kind and respectful. Thank you.