Sunday, January 10, 2010

Did I hear that correctly?

While examining a terrier-breed dog, the husband and wife clients start asking me why he doesn't know how to breed their female... They describe that the male gets "all excited" when the female is in heat, but all the wants to do "is sit there and slobber - he has no idea there should be any interaction between himself and our female." So we discuss a little about how natural things like breeding don't always come naturally to all dogs... We continue our discussions, and the husband manages to work the following comment naturally into our conversation somehow.

(to his wife)
"I still don't understand why he can't figure it out. Its not like its hard. And he's watched us enough times, you'd think he'd know how by now!"

Not knowing quite what to say, I continued with the vaccines, heartgard / frontline talk, and got out of there - only to walk in back and BURST into laughter with my tech - "Did we really just hear that correctly?" Why yes - unfortunately, we did.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I would love to hear your comments about my blog :) If you know me and my family in "Real Life," I ask that you refrain from using any of our names! Please be kind and respectful. Thank you.