Monday, January 11, 2010

WAY too much information.

As a veterinarian, I'm quite honored that my clients often trust me with very personal information. Sometimes, though, the information they choose to share is much TOO personal.

For instance... Picture a typical exam room moment - me, the doc, examining a dog, answering the typical flea / tick / vaccine / heartworm questions. Then comes the odd question - "Can you see if Fluffy has a yeast infection in her mouth?" I find this a little strange, but decide to ask for more information. Is she having trouble eating? Have you noticed a bad odor? "Oh no... her mouth seems fine, but every time she kisses me and her tongue ends up in my mouth, I end up with a yeast infection. I was wondering if she was a carrier or something."

Sometimes, I just don't know how to respond.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I would love to hear your comments about my blog :) If you know me and my family in "Real Life," I ask that you refrain from using any of our names! Please be kind and respectful. Thank you.