Monday, January 11, 2010

Parasites?!? Not where WE live.

I'm sitting in the exam room, finished vaccinating "Precious" - so I ask the next routine question: "Do you need any Heartgard or Frontline today?" And I get the most interesting response... "No, my little sweetie doesn't have any fleas or ticks. I take her outside for just a couple minutes at a time to go potty." So I tell her that we should at least take care of the heartworm preventative, because mosquitos are common in our area, and it only takes a second for them to bite. Then comes the stunning reply... "Oh NO. Precious is NEVER exposed to mosquitos. Or heartworms. Or Fleas. WE live in 'hoity-toity' subdivision and there are NO PARASITES allowed within the gated community." Should I laugh, is this a joke? Oh no. Mrs. High-n-mighty is completely serious.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I would love to hear your comments about my blog :) If you know me and my family in "Real Life," I ask that you refrain from using any of our names! Please be kind and respectful. Thank you.